GoodNews: Ukraine is the first country in Eastern Europe and Central Asia to adopt new standards of HIV treatment and prevention.
Each HIV patient is now entitled to receive free treatment for life – Ukraine has officially switched to a new method of treatment and prevention of HIV infection.
The main points of the new clinical protocol of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine:
- The main component of antiretroviral medicine is dolutegravir. Thanks to it, the cost of one dose of the drug for Ukraine will be 5 UAH. 40 cop. (Earlier – about 32 UAH)
- It will be possible to diagnose HIV with the help of two “home” tests;
- Comprehensive medical services for the identification, prevention and treatment of the virus, in particular:
- Use of simplified medical supply forms;
The use of a combination of fixed-dose for first-line treatment in adults, teenagers, and children
- Free medical care and medicines are provided to patients at the location where the services are provided.